Membership is now FreeMembership is now free! Register here
Christmas Party 29th November 2014Willoughby Park, Mcclelland Street Willoughby NSW
Velo-cardio-facial syndrome (VCFS) or 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome is a genetic syndrome. It is the result of a submicroscopic deletion on the long arm of Chromosome 22 in the “q11” region- deletion 22q11.
VCFS is also known as:
When a child's health problems are puzzling......
A missing piece of genetic material on chromosome 22 (deletion 22q11) may be the clue.
The VCFS 22q11 Foundation collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of membership, sending newsletters and event notifications. The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
The VCFS 22q11 Foundation recognises the essential right of individuals to have their information administered in ways which they would reasonably expect – protected on one hand, and made accessible to them on the other. These privacy values are reflected in and supported by our core values and philosophies.
The VCFS 22q11 Foundation is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
The VCFS 22q11 Foundation will:
• Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
• Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
• Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
• Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
• Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.